The Toyota Parts Centre Europe is our central distribution centre, at the heart of our parts supply chain. Located in Belgium, it ships thousands of parts every day to our regional depots across the region.
One of the regional depots is Toyota Logistics Services Deutschland GmbH, based in Cologne - Germany.
business studies with a specialization in logistics or completed an apprenticeship in logistics, forwarding or production.
3-5 years warehouse / production experience
Experienced in leading a team or group
Strong organisational and coordination skills
Fluent in German and English
Ability to make (unpopular) decisions
Good time management
Good Understanding of The Toyota Way & TPS
PL21 system knowledge
Good in MS Office
Our depot in Cologne counts 38 Warehouse Associates reporting to 7 Warehouse Team Leaders reporting to 5 Warehouse Supervisors reporting to 1 Warehouse Assistant Manager reporting to 1 Depot Manager.
Supervision and control of the respective warehouse operations as well as solely responsible and independent management of the entire late shift. Responsible for the efficient planning and execution of all goods transactions in the warehouse for the smooth supply of parts and accessories to our customer.
1. Responsible for a shift, related to organisation, planning and coordination of the daily distribution of employees and equipment (Heath & Safety, Quality, Perfor-mance, On-Time-Operations, 5S, SOP’s)
2. Ensure day-to-day standard operations. Responsible for the timely and proper handling of all warehouse operational processes in its area.
3. Ensure all necessary workflows and processes in the areas of unloading, receiving, storage, picking, sorting, loading, shipping goods issue as well as physical inventory, transfer actions and returns.
4. Guide, coach and support Team Leaders. Promote kaizen activities, positively contributes to the upgrade of site Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), TPS approach and support QCC’s (Quality Control Circles).
5. Manage Team and members, related to safety, quality, cost, concerns, engagement, attendance at work, performance, discipline according to the company guide lines (Toyota Way).
6. Conduct employee meetings – appraisals, return to work discussions etc.
7. Be a “problem solver”: Perform root cause analysis and countermeasures. Under-stands KPI-, status- and abnormality reports for all warehouse related processes.
8. Actively support company KPIs and targets. Review and consensus countermeasures always considering the bigger picture – internal customers, external customers, the other shift etc.
9. Cover Assistant Warehouse Manager absence.
10. Support Associates and Team Leaders’ questions relating to operations and PL21 system.
11. Monitoring compliance with legal safety regulations and Toyota internal safety regulations and standards. Stops any warehouse operations with is NOK related to safety.
12. Briefs his/her shift on performance, volumes, health and safety and other relevant information.
13. Be a 5S leader and role model for the shift.