TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• Master degree in automotive, mechanical or electrical engineering.
• 2 years internal Toyota experience (O6 level) or 5 years experience at a supplier or vehicle manufacturer in the design and project management of complex systems.
• Strong engineering experience in one technical area.
• Openness of mind to learn the engineering basics in all areas of vehicle design (mechanical engineering, electronics, software and performance planning)
• Proven track record to lead a cross-divisional team.
• Strong problem solving skills to deeply analyze problems in a current development process.
• Have the perseverance to drive through new processes or tools in a complex organisation.
• Knowledge of Excel visual basic and SharePoint is an asset.
• Fluent in English (TME business language) while other EU languages and Japanese are an asset.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
Toyota Motor Europe R&D Centre is responsible for:
• Developing vehicles and making concept proposal for European core models
• Reflecting EU technology to Toyota Vehicles timely by utilizing location advantage and strong network with EU partners. EQ is one of the departments of the “Cross-Functional” division within TME R&D. The division’s main responsibility is to support the development divisions. From concept planning through development to mass production, the Cross-Functional Div takes the leading role in Prototype management, engineering administration and also quality and profit management which are the two main responsibilities of the EQ department. In close cooperation with the Vehicle Project Planning teams, EQ leads cost and quality activities for the vehicle projects and establishes new methodologies and processes across TME, in cooperation with the relevant divisions such as Quality Function, Purchasing and Accounting and Finance among several others.
1. Support EQ Sr Manager to build up R&D’s Quality Capability
• Map out the strategy for future quality activities as one of the foundations of R&D’s capability growth and focus on the areas where TME R&D quality processes need to improve.
• Using your strong communication skills, set up a team inside and outside R&D to work out an improved process and defend it through TME’s organisation.
• After implementation, monitor whether the new process works out as planned and improve further if necessary.
2. Lead R&D daily quality activities
• Lead R&D’s activity for quick resolution of field issues : monitor the progress, support designers where needed and organize the regular cross-functional VP quality meeting.
• Keep R&D engineers awareness on the importance of quality by setting up regular quality events.
• Organise regular trainings in R&D for Toyota quality-related design methods.
• Be the window to R&D engineers for all quality-related matters.
• Support the vehicle project leaders to make a vehicle project quality plan, taking into account the latest improved processes.
• Assist the engineers for their daily quality activities, for example DRBFM preparation.