TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• Bachelor or Master Degree and/or a number of years of experience in similar function
• Fluent communication and experience in contractor management in an operations environment
• Experience in budget setting and cost management
• Very good understanding of the logistics operations
• Minimum technical knowledge of Returnable pallets and IT tools
• Strong in Office Software
• Fluent in English as business language is necessary, Dutch is an asset.
• Good understanding on regulations (legal, financial, environmental, technical)
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work/cooperate cross-functional with other departments on different levels
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
• have excellent communication skills
Located close to Brussels is our European Distribution Centre in Diest called Toyota Parts Centre Europe (TPCE) employing 930 people. It is responsible for the procurement, storage and logistics supply of a dedicated range of Toyota/Lexus spare parts, accessories and technical campaign parts supporting the both the new car sales and existing customer vehicles service and warranty needs.
The Diest facility itself recieves parts from over 700 different suppliers (from Japan to local suppliers) managing over 250,000 part numbers and >170 trucks per day in a decidated 100,000m2 facility. It’s 2 outbound logistics roles covers; providing direct overnight supply to 450 Toyota dealers in Benelux and France, and supporting the 13 European Regional Distribution Centres to ensure a consistent high level of Just In Time service to all NMSC’s and Toyota dealers within Europe and our final customers beyond (3000 dealers in 23 countries).
You will lead a team of around 10 members for all aspects of the daily activities.
You will be responsible for Divisional Budget and Cost Management, Legal and Environmental aspects and all Divisional Reports and Logistics Packaging, including:
• People Management and development: daily coaching and development
• Budget and Cost Management: freight cost, operations divisional budgets, cross functional cost management
• Logistics Packaging Management: daily returnable pallets management and one way packaging, project management for renewal pallet program
• Environmental Management: action plans, zero emissions challenges
• Reporting and Presentations: legal compliance, divisional reporting