TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• A university degree preferably in Engineering
• 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in automotive transportation & Damage prevention environment is a big asset
• Strong quality mindset
• Dynamic team player with strong communication skills and maturity to coach and train a team
• Result driven, problem solver with strong Excel/Access skills.
• Fluent in English and preferably also good knowledge of Dutch - any other language will be considered as an asset
• As the place of employment is Zeebrugge (where our Hub is located), preferably living nearby or willing to relocate to Western Flanders.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
Vehicle Logistics Group (VLG) is responsible to distribute the vehicles produced in our global plants (Japan, Europe, USA, etc) to our European customers (Including Turkey and Russia).
The vehicles arrive from the different manufacturing plants to our Hubs where vehicles are customized and checked before being delivered to our retailers.
The cost of our activity is +/- €250 million/year.
Vehicle Logistics is constantly seeking to challenge our ‘Plant-to-Retailer’ lead-time, improve our delivery performance and reduce cost through the application of Toyota Production System.
In order to support the above, you will be joining Hub Zeebrugge team and your main function will be:
• Develop the best methods to achieve the highest level of Safety,
Quality and Productivity Standards in our Hub’s Yard operations.
• Managing the operations on yard with the capacity of storing ~ 20,000 vehicles
• Ensuring Safe and Damage free transportation for incoming/outgoing vehicles
• Support our logistics partners to identify recurrent issues and develop sustainable countermeasures.