TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• You are fluent in English (TME business language). French and German are an asset
• You have a master degree in Engineering
• You have good knowledge of vehicle technology and 6-10 years of relevant experience in automotive
• You have diplomatic and strong negotiation skills
• You have an open personality able to work in an independent way and with hands-on mentality
• experience in information management is an asset
• You have good knowledge of (Office) computer skills
• You are willing to travel 15-20% of your working time
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars.
• have excellent communication skills both towards internal and external parties
TME Research and Development is responsible to plan, develop and produce attractive, superior quality vehicles matching European market requirements. The Technical Affairs Planning Division is a team of 18 people handling Regulatory Affairs and Vehicle Safety Research. For our Regulation activities we are looking for a Senior Engineer Regulation
You will act as a Regulation expert in Exhaust emission, CO2 and air quality
You will assess the impact of current and future Regulations on our future vehicles’ Power Train together with your peers in Japan and engineers in our European R&D centre.
You will define comments and prepare position papers
You will represent Toyota in the respective Regulation working groups of Vehicle Manufacturer associations
You will communicate and negotiate with the relevant stakeholders during the rule making process.
You will assess strategic policy area’s to anticipate future Regulation trends