TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• University Degree in business / data-oriented field (Economics, Financial, Marketing, Business Mgt., Legal / Audit)
• Minimum 7 years experience in internal audit across a multinational environment, including extensive Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) compliance experience.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is a plus.
• You have project management experience in planning, assigning tasks and responsibilities to project members, follow-up of progress, management of issues and status reporting.
• Results driven; able to break down complex issues into manageable portions.
• Creative, rigorous, challenging and persevering in order to reach targets.
• Excellent leadership and organizational analytical skills, experience in managing high performance teams.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, which make you move at ease interacting with all business partners in an international environment; being able to motivate diverse teams, to interact fluently with all stakeholders and present and communicate to top management.
• Fluent in English. Any other European languages are an asset.
• Willing to travel 30-40% through Europe.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind.
• have excellent communication skills
The Internal Audit Department is is a dynamic and internationally diverse team which works closely with the business. It provides assurance on internal controls and risk management capability of TME and its affiliates in Europe through internal audit and Sox compliance activities. The team also defines internal control standards for important business processes as well as internal audit and Sox standards.
As manager of the internal audit your responsibilities will include the following:
• You will support the development of a professional and world-class internal audit organization. You will manage a team of internal auditors based in Brussels and Wroclaw, define the audit strategy, develop the audit plan and organise the internal audits in TME and its affiliates.
• You will establish the policies for IA’s auditing activity and establish the internal audit framework.
• You will develop and execute a comprehensive audit program for the evaluation of the management procedures and controls and risk management.
• You will manage the TME and affiliates Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) compliance audit, collaborating with all relevant departments, affiliates and external auditors;
• You will identify improvement and standardization opportunites in both TME IA processes as well as management Internal Control and Risk Management (ICRM) processes;
• You will define Internal Control and Risk Management (ICRM) standards and best practices and design roadmaps for their implementation across TME and its affiliates and monitor compliance. In this activity you will have contact with TME affiliate CFO’s and ICRM experts.
• You will manage Secretariat role for the Audit Committee.