TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
- You have a Master degree in Electronics Engineering.
- You preferably have experience in telecommunications or telematics or similar. Understanding of the related electronic parts: hardware (controller ASIC / SoC, ECU, Antenna, EMC, CAN, …) and software (structure, process...) are an asset. Willigness to acquire the required knowledge is most important.
- You have good knowledge / experience in software development, computer science, data analysis, networks.
- You have 2-3 years experience in project management (towards implementation of results from research and technical feasibility studies)
- Experience in automotive (understanding of electronic vehicle architecture) is an asset.
• Research mind set with implementation competencies
• Good (documented) problem solving skills
• Have strong planning and organization skills
• Willing to travel
• Fluent in English (TME business language)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
• have excellent communication skills
The automotive industry has entered an Era of profound transformation and the way we will develop new vehicles is on the way to be adapted to this Era.
Connectivity, Digitalisation, Big Data are key enablers for the change. Internal cross-divisional and external cross-industry approaches is also the way we move on to continuously provide better cars.
This approach is done, on one hand, based on Toyota strong experience on Operational flow and Quality mind set while pursuing vivid catch up of market expectations and developments of Technology Companies.
You will start to work in the Technology Trends Analysis Division, which analyses Technology and Societal changes in order to define potential future business opportunities for Toyota. The division will investigate technical requirements and set up technical feasibility studies. Later on, you are expected to develop the electronic systems for implementation in future Toyota cars.
Research and identify new opportunities for Connected R&D Technologies to innovate on behalf of our customers
Set-up technology strategy, develop priorities and manage operating mechanisms for the implementation of V2X applications (Vehicle to Vehicle, Vehicle to Infrastructure, Vehicle to Cloud)
Prospect, contribute to the development, evaluate and implement:
- new radio communication technologies like DSRC, LTE-V, 5G,
- new Platform concept, ie on board, off board & Cloud based platform and,
- usage of Real Time Big Data for development of systems and components