TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• Industrial Engineer (ideally in combination with environmental coordinator level A or B).
• Required ‘technical’ skills: building KPI management, general knowledge of electrical equipment, general technical skills
• Interest and affinity with new technologies related to energy and environment
• You are a pragmatic organizer, have a hands-on mentality and soft skills in order to lead contractors & suppliers in a professional and constructive way.
• Good reporting and organized and structured administration
• Background of safety and prevention is an asset.
• Software skills: Word, Excel, MS Project, Auto-Cad
• Experience with Topdesk, Auto-Cad is an asset.
• Fluent in English & Dutch or French.
• Good communicator
• Flexibility, willing to work on two different locations (Evere & Zaventem – approx. 10 min. apart)
• Occasional week end work is possible for eg. during power shut downs (approx. 4x /year)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you
• Wish to develop & are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• Are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people with a hands on mentality
• Have a customer first mind-set
The facility team is responsible for the TME premises of our Headquarter in Evere as well as the Technical Centre in Zaventem, with a total floor space of approximately 60000 m² on 27 hectares of land and housing 2.100 employees and various laboratories. Head Office has 2 main buildings. Technical Centre has 6 main buildings.
The technical maintenance of secondary installations is outsourced.
As a member of the Operation team you will become responsible for the technical maintenance (both preventive and corrective), legal- and environmental compliance of the secondary technical installations of the buildings. You ensure a safe and comfortable working environment for our members.
These installations include heating-, cooling-,ventilation equipment, high and low voltage cabinets,lighting (inside and outside), security installations (CCTV, access control), shutters and gates.
You support the organisation for facility related requests.
To support the 2050 environmental Challenge, you are taking the lead in the Kaizen energy reduction team
You are responsible for the follow up of gas- and electricity consumption.
Through a proper planning, monitoring the progress of the activities you will contribute to an effective and cost-efficient quality service.
Your main activities will be:
• Responsibility for the preventive and corrective maintenance of the secondary technical installations,
- Inventory and quality control of the technical equipment in Topdesk.
- If needed, prospect new suppliers and agree new maintenance contracts by SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Plan, follow up the corrective and preventive maintenance of our secondary installations.
- Coordinate between the helpdesk and the different suppliers in order to translate calls to fast and accurate intervention by the service-supplier.
- If needed, create and publish facility guidelines for members on the intranet.
- Ensure legal, S&H, environmental compliance
- Budget control for the equipment
- Make sure that as built information is up to date
• Responsibility for facility related requests
- Together with the facility maintenance company,you plan, execute facility related requests
- By applying the PDCA principles, you make sure to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Ensure a safe, healthy and comfortable working environment at all time (CO2, temperature, relative humidity).
• Supplier follow up and development
- You guide and coach the supplier to apply the Toyota working principles.
- Together with the facility maintenance company, you identify, agree and implement improvement actions and translate these by adapting existing processes
• Energy reduction activity (gas and electricity)
- You are taking the lead in the Kaizen energy reduction team in order to define the short and long term strategy to reduce our CO2 footprint and support the Toyota 2050 Environmental challenge.
• Follow up of gas and electricity consumption
- You are responsible for the follow up of the consumption data of electricity and gas. In case of deviation, you take the necessary action to find the rootcause of this deviation and to implement corrective action.
• Equipment renewal strategy
- Together with the Planning and Administration team, you define the renewal strategy through a 5 year plan. You support the pre study activity that will lead to the supplier selection for these renewals.
- You lead the bi weekly and monthly meetings with the facility maintenance company
- You develop a facility dashboard and report your activities to management on a monthly basis