TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• You have a Masters degree in law and 3 - 6 years of experience in an international law firm or as an in-house counsel in an international environment;
• You have excellent analytical, drafting and negotiating skills;
• You have strong project management, planning and organization skills
• You are solution oriented and have good business acumen;
• You are a team player and easily build good relationships with people across the organisation;
• You have the ability to comfortably operate in a consensus based work environment and you have the skill to grasp multiple stakeholder views and, where required, incorporate them appropriately to achieve the best conclusion for the company and stakeholders;
• You are comfortable working in an international environment with colleagues from various backgrounds and regions;
• You have strong communication skills
• You are curious and interested in the business and operations of the company;
• You are PC literate (MS Office)
• You are fluent in English (TME business language), Dutch and/or French. Any other European language is an asset.
You have Toyota DNA, this means you:
• enjoy working in a team in a very multicultural environment, respecting others
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere to reach challenging targets
• continuously look for improvement opportunities
• have a customer first mindset
The Legal and Compliance Team is a dynamic and internationally diverse team which works closely with the business. It provides high quality advice to the management and the various business divisions of TME, as well as to its manufacturing and marketing affiliates in Europe. The team advises on a broad range of matters, including product liability, corporate law, IP and IT law, brand protection, competition law, contract law, environmental law and regulatory matters.
The car industry is an exciting enviroment and is undergoing major changes related to a.o. connected cars, autonomous driving, fuel cells, electric and hybrid vehicles or mobility as a service. This requires first class legal support and offers attractive opportunities for dynamic lawyers.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to provide legal support to the Purchasing and Value Chain divisions. Purchasing is the division responsible for the sourcing and purchasing of raw materials, parts and components for manufacturing of Toyota vehicles for the entire region. Value Chain takes care of the management of products and services in the after sales market, which is a strategic part of the group’s profitability.
You will be working closely together with the business to set up the sourcing and purchasing for new models, as well as for projects related to new technologies. You will be part of the negotations team and interact with suppliers, authorities and other third parties. The legal work touches upon a very broad range of issues and apart from negotiations and contract work, you will give regular trainings, manage litigation and monitor compliance.
The automotive business is a rapidly changing environment which requires flexibility, strategic thinking and an ability to act swiftly and decisively in complex situations.