TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• Master in logistics, procurement or related discipline such as economics / engineering are also welcome to apply.
• You have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
• Genuinely interested in the automotive industry & supply chain management.
• Attention to detail and enjoys working in an active supply environment.
• Outgoing proactive personality with excellent teamwork skills with customer mind-set.
• Very good numeric and MS office skills including Access databases
• Some business travel necessary to both Brussels Head Office and European supplier’s hence driving license is required.
• Fluent in English as business language is necessary, Dutch highly recommended.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have excellent communication skills
• have a creative mind, a passion for cars, and a dream to make a difference
Located just outside Brussels is our European Distribution Centre in Diest called Toyota Parts Centre Europe (TPCE) employing 930 people. It is responsible for the procurement, storage and logistics supply of a dedicated range of Toyota/Lexus spare parts, accessories and technical campaign parts supporting the both the new car sales and existing customer vehicles service and warranty needs.
The Diest facility itself receives parts from over 700 different suppliers (from Japan to local suppliers) managing over 250,000 part numbers and >150 trucks per day in a dedicated 100,000m2 facility. It’s 2 outbound logistics roles covers; providing direct overnight supply to >600 Toyota dealers in local region, and supporting the 13 European Regional Distribution Centres to ensure a consistent high level of Just In Time service to all NMSC’s and Toyota dealers within Europe and our final customers beyond.
• Responsible for the procurement and inventory control of parts and accessories sourced from various European and overseas suppliers.
• Analyse stock and service levels. Initiate necessary improvement actions to meet our customers’ service expectation.
• Problem solving with Toyota suppliers and TME internal related divisions on parts supply performance concerns and follow-up supplier improvements using the TPS (Toyota Production System) philosophy and Toyota problem solving approach.
• Ensure availability of parts/accessories to European Markets through regional locations and beyond to the end customer for both current and future models of Toyota and Lexus vehicles.