TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
Education level & general experience:
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering (Master degree is an asset)
• 2 to 5 years relevant experience in the design & development of steel automotive parts (body / chassis / suspension)
• Good knowledge of tooling and welding processes.
• Good knowledge of metal parts design and production
• Good knowledge and experience with DRBFM & FMEA
• Good knowledge and experience with CATIA v5
• Quality conscious mind-set
• Pro-active milestone management, experience with supplier & project management
• Critical, well structured & accurate approach
• Creative & challenging thinking
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Cost conscious
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
•wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
•seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
•have strong planning and organizing skills
•enjoy working in a team, respecting others
•have excellent communication skills
Team description :
TME Steel Accessories Development’s responsibilities are:
1) Development of towing hitches, roofracks, roofrails, sidesteps, scuff plates, rear bumper plates, dogguards and various deck accessories.
2) Technical validation of accessories developed by other Toyota Accessory Development Bases.
This activity is done in close cooperation with local suppliers, related divisions in Toyota Motor Europe, mother divisions in Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) and other regional Toyota Accessory Development Bases.
As a member of the development team, you are responsible for the development of functional steel accessories. You act as project engineer responsible to develop according to Toyota’s quality targets and within the timeline and cost targets set, in close collaboration with suppliers and other related TME & TMC divisions.
JOB ESSENCE & PURPOSE:
• Develop genuine accessories, delivering Toyota quality and on-time for every new model launch.
• Perform technical feasibility studies and deliver proof of concept to bring real innovation to the future range of accessories.
• Support vehicle sales by closing the gap in product power with genuine accessories.
• Contribute towards becoming the N°1 in customer recommendation and brand loyalty.
• Enable growth in accessory sales PNCS by 10% per year.
CONTEXT: The Business Plan (issued by Planning department) is the trigger to issue draft specifications (to be agreed w/ TMC) for all new commodities.
The purchasing department will select a supplier based on the draft specifications, once the selection is formalised the development engineer is responsible for issuing the development request and to coordinate the creation of drawing, prototypes and off tool samples w/ the supplier.
Prototypes and off tool parts are validated on pre-production vehicles at the factories (Japan, Europe,…). After completion of all development work, Technical Approval needs to be requested to TMC. Once obtained, mass production to be kicked-off to meet the on-time launch targets.
• Leading/driving full development process of towing hitches & related accessories to achieve on time introduction within budget target & technical requirements.
• Leading Design reviews with suppliers (DRBFM & FMEA) and internal experts from involved departments to assure accessories meet all technical specifications and quality standards (Build-in quality).
• Controlling & supporting suppliers to meet development milestones.
• Taking proactive action for quality improvement during development & mass production phases.
• Investigation & implementation of cost reductions, styling and function improvement possibilities.
• Coordination with suppliers & Toyota validation teams to ensure material & performance requirements are validated.
TMC: Toyota Motor Corporation
TME: Toyota Motor Europe
SOP: Start Of Production