TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• Master degree in Economics, Business Administration or Engineering
• Minimum 10 years of work experience – from which min. 5 in consultancy or automotive industry
• At least 3 years experience in Connected Services
• Excellent project management and follow up skills
• Proven leadership and coaching skills to achieve the results together with your team
• Result driven and able to break down complex tasks into manageable portions
• Creative, rigorous, challenging and persevering
• Well-organized, excellent planning, following the process and strict deadlines
• Strong computer literate (MS Excel)
• Fluent in English - any other European language is an added value
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people with a hands on mentality.
• have a customer first mindset.
Akio Toyoda, CEO of Toyota, announced at CES in Las Vegas in January 2018 his ambition to transition Toyota to a mobility company offering ever better mobility for all.
As part of this ambition, in Europe two entities have been established: Toyota Connected Europe based in London - which is the provider of technological solutions- and Toyota Mobility & Connected Car, based in Brussels, responsible for setting, planning and implementing the European strategy for connected, multimedia and mobility services.
Toyota Mobility and Connected Car division has a clear focus on the Car of Tomorrow.
As a Connected Services Manager your responsibilities entail:
• Coordinate, plan and develop the Connected Services for Toyota and Lexus brands
• Develop new ideas for new connected services
• Establish the procedure and business flow for each service.
• Coordinate relevant business units activity to plan and manage new services
• Define the product requirements for the hardware for each future Service
• Identify and secure system requirements to activate the service
• Secure approval of business case for each new service
• Manage and coach a team of 2 colleagues
• Support services roll-out activity in the market