TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Self-motivated with the drive to independently resolve problems.
• Ideally to have experience of 3D CAD software and ability to read engineering drawings.
• Ideally but not critical, have experience of welding equipment and manufacturing processes.
• Good communication skills and teamwork orientated.
• Flexability to travel to other EMCs and TMC on business trips and international assignments
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• You have around 1~3 years of experience in Production Process design and planning
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
• have excellent communication skills
This team is responsible for preparing Body assembly equipment for the introduction of new models and technologies at each Toyota European Manufacturing Centre (EMC).
*Process design and planning using Toyota Production system knowledge and 3D Tools.
*The coordination of new equipment introduction including, specification, procurement, installation and commissioning.
*The coordination of modifications to existing production equipment including specification, design, procurement, installation and commissioning.
*The planning and coordination of production trials during which, ‘equipment & process safety’, ‘equipment & process productivity’, ‘body quality’ and ‘dimensional accuracy’ will be confirmed.
Engineers are given the appropriate elements of the project to be directly responsible for. TME VPE is committed to developing and training all members of the engineering team to allow them to achieve the challenging targets set.
Place of employment:
* The engineer position is based at the TME French Branch Office, located at Toyota Motor manufacturing France, Parc d’Activites de la Vallee de I’Escaut Sud , BP 16 59264 Onnaing, France.
* For the first 6 months of the job you will be working on process planning for the next TMMF Model change. Therefore you will be required to spend approximately 30% of your time at TME Vehicle PE Head office which is located at Toyota Technical Centre, Brussels, Belgium. During this period you will receive training and development using 3D systems, whilst working on process planning for the next full model change at TMMF.
* Also during part of the first 12 months development you will be required to do short business trips to TMUK to gain experience of the Toyota New Generation Architecture (TNGA) vehicle being introduced at TMUK.
* After the initial 12 months project work will be based at TMMF from 2019-2020.
* As well as Toyota Motor Manufacturing France (TMMF) other Toyota European Manufacturing centers (EMCs) are located in the UK (TMUK), Turkey (TMMT), Russia (TMR-SP) and the Czech Republic (TPCA). The TME VPE team have project involvement in all of the listed EMCs. Therefore there will be a requirement for business trips and international assignments to these locations in the future.