TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• Master degree in Mechatronics Engineering or similar degreee (PhD or equivalent by experience is a plus)
• Good understanding of system dynamics and fundamental control theories (classical and advanced control)
• Experience in X-in-the loop and mechatronic systems design and integration is required
• Hands-on experience with the operation and setup of Driving Simulators is an asset
• Sound knowledge of software and applications for numerical modeling of mechanical and multi-physics systems
• Knowledge of human factors and neuro-muscular / decision / action making processes is beneficial
• Experience with Unix OS and further IT competences is a plus
• Willing to consider training in Toyota headquarters in Japan
• Fluency in English is a must, additional European language skills are an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have excellent communication skills
• have a creative mind, a passion for cars, and a dream to make a difference
Vehicle Performance Engineering division (VPE) is part of Research and Development group at Toyota Motor Europe Technical Center in Zaventem, Belgium. Our division is in charge of:
• Identifying customer requirements, and turning them into development targets for vehicles, their subsystems, up to each component.
• Developing of passenger vehicles for European market. We:
• Plan vehicle structures to achieve the performance
• Predict the performance, especially by use of MBD and Virtual Validation
• Guide design engineers to achieve performance, while meeting quality, cost and feasibility requirements.
• Researching state of the art and beyond state of the art technologies for implementation in future vehicles
Model based development (MBD) has a pivoting and expanding role within this remit and the deployment of Driver in the Loop systems is key to this capability. We are therefore looking for an engineer specialized in XiL (Driver in the Loop, Hardware in the loop) systems to develop our virtual validation toolchain and methodology.
• Your responsibility will be to realize MBD virtual development solutions into HiL bench and DiL (Driver-in-the-Loop) environments: driving and ride simulators, in-house and at third party.
• In addition, you will closely linked to the vehicle performance development teams, to understand driving dynamics, comfort and safety related performance requirements and deliver virtual validation solutions such that they can be realized effectively to meet project requirements.
• Covering a wide range of vehicle dynamics applications , you will have a key role in defining system architecture and maintenance requirements, which will enable virtual design, validation and calibration of the solutions proposed by the MBD team
• You will contribute to the research on human factors for vehicle dynamics, ADAS and other areas.