TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated HR team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• You have a master or equivalent by experience in Mechanical Engineering
• You are a team player with good communication skills, flexible mind and challenge spirit
• You are diplomatic with strong negotiation skills and analytical mind set
• You should have at least 4 Years of experience in the area of Automotive Engineering and/or External Affairs
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
• have excellent communication skills
The Technical Affairs & Planning division (TAP) is part of the Research and Development group at Toyota Motor Europe Technical Centre in Zaventem, Belgium. The Safety Research & Technical Affairs team of TAP is in charge of:
• Research on passive and active safety technology including Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
• Real world effectiveness evaluation of Safety technology
• Predicting and contributing to future Safety requirements and test methods
• Ensuring that Toyota can meet future Safety requirement by keeping designers and product planners informed
We are looking for a young engineer interested in working on our external communication regarding safety compliance. You will be introduced to the Toyota Way and you will be able to have a real impact on improving the safety of our cars.
To ensure the competitiveness of Toyota’s products and their compliance with Euro NCAP and other safety requirements by analysing requirements, lobbying, contributing to product strategy and development, and taking charge of safety-related technical communication. This includes:
1.Contribute to Toyota strategy:
a. Be the source of information on Euro NCAP trends and requirements within the company
b. Represent and promote the company’s position at Euro NCAP and ACEA discussions
c. Lead the discussion on the image of the company in safety
d. Lead the safety targets review process
2.Manage Euro NCAP vehicle performance:
a.Analyse the impact of Euro NCAP requirements on Toyota vehicles
b.Communicate the need to react to the appropriate departments
a.Keep contact with and follow trends within Euro NCAP
b.Keep contact with NGO’s including ACEA, competitors, suppliers, authorities
c.Contribute to the discussion on developments in vehicle safety with predicting of future requirements
d.Represent TME and its technology with Euro NCAP, media, NGOs, and others