TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated HR team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
Team description :
TME Value Chain (VC) Interior Part & Accessory Development’s responsibility is:
1) Local development of interior styling/functional plastic parts & accessories,
2) Local development of leather/PVC/fabric accessory seat covers,
3) Local development of protective material like floor mats, trunk mats, trunk liners, …
4) Decorative & protective paint and chemicals, 5) Technical coordination & validation of interior accessories developed by other Toyota Accessory Development Bases .
This activity is done in close cooperation with local suppliers, related divisions in Toyota Motor Europe, mother divisions in Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) and other regional Toyota Accessory Development Bases. As a member of the Value Chain development team, you are responsible for the development of textile floor mats, rubber floor mats, trunk mats, trunk liners, trunk boxes and other trunk storage components. You act as project engineer responsible to develop accessory by achieving cost & quality targets and in close collaboration with supplier and other related TME & TMC divisions.
Your responsibility :
• Leading/driving full development process of floor mats and trunk mats to achieve on time introduction within budget target & technical requirements.
• Leading Design reviews with suppliers (DRBFM & FMEA) and internal experts from involved departments to assure accessories meet all technical specifications and quality standards (Build-in quality)
• Controlling & supporting suppliers to meet development milestones.
• Taking proactive action for quality improvement during development & mass production phases.
• Investigation & implementation of cost reductions, styling and function improvement possibilities.
• Coordination with suppliers & Toyota validation teams to ensure material & performance requirements are validated
Our offer is to join a lean & highly motivated team and to further develop your engineering and project management capabilities in an area which impacts vehicle protection and styling. We are inspired by the Toyota Way precepts and we challenge to provide our final customers with best quality products with a continuous improvement mind set.
Your profile :
• Education level & general experience:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering (master degree is an asset)
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience in the design & development of complex automotive parts (preferably related to textile and/or rubber parts and also trunk related parts)
• Technical knowledge:
- Good knowledge of tooling, injection, vacuum forming,
- Good knowledge of textile behaviour, sewing, tufting,
- Good knowledge and experience with DRBFM & FMEA
- Good knowledge and experience with CATIA v5
- Quality conscious mind-set
- Pro-active milestone management
- Critical, well structured & accurate approach
- Creative & challenging thinking
- Good communication skills
- Cost conscious