TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated HR team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• You have a degree in Engineering, Marketing or Economics
• You have minimum 2-3 years of experience
• You have strong knowledge of Toyota model and competitors
• You are familiar with engineering process and terminology
• You are awareness of research tool (NewReg, Jato, NCBS…)
• You experience with sales performance tracking tool (TM1, SONAR…)
• You are familiar with vehicle development process and life cycle
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• You have experience with Microsoft Office tools
• You have excellent communication skills
• You demonstrate a proactive hands-on approach and outgoing personality
• You have an analytical mindset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
The Product Management Division develops the strategy and leads the planning of Toyota models with the target to deliver the best product for European markets while ensuring achievement of our business objectives.
The position offered is within the Product Planning team number 2 which handles mid-size and sport models.
The team includes 7 people closely working together.
• You will take care of the Life Cycle Management of current models:
• You will be busy with next generation model planning and development in close cooperation with Toyota Motor Corporation.
• You keep tack competitor offer and customer profile through marketing research (i.e.: sales performance, sales strategy, mixes, pricing, communication).
• You support the cost planning activities linked to your models evolution.
• You contribute to Concept planning and Design review.
• You collaborate with all relevant departments and divisions, to support your models performance (MMD, Pricing, Sales Planning, R&D...).
• You perform study trips with TMC members to ensure Market knowledge and priority setting.
Product planning task details:
• You support the Manager with the development of a model life cycle strategy for the mid-size range and contribute to the Marketing strategy .
• You support sales, market share forecast and price studies in order to deliver business case for life cycle actions and new country introduction.
• You liaise with TMC and TME R&D to clarify European market evolution and requirements which should then be translated into vehicle specifications evolution.
• You take into account manufacturing requirements and restrictions and provide accurate forecast to secure production capacity for your models.
• You participate to cross carline discussion to ensure a common strategy.