TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
• University degree or higher education in business or engineering
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a buyer in a manufacturing/engineering environment
• Business understanding and affinity with automotive products
• Result driven and able to break down complex issues into manageable portions
• Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Highly developed analytical skills, accuracy and reliability
• Ability to work independently, sometimes under stress, in multi-disciplined teams
• Computer literate (MS Excel, PowerPoint)
• Willing to travel up to 20%
• Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset.
Do you want to take part in the development of the car of tomorrow? The Purchasing team at Toyota Motor Europe is able to offer you this challenge. Located in the heart of Europe our department plays a key strategic role in the development of our future products. As a (Senior) Buyer you will be able to develop and manage all aspects of the commercial relationship between Toyota and its suppliers, located all over Europe. Moreover, this position will allow you to have an insight in the most recent technical innovations and will enable you to get a deep understanding of how a leading multinational operates and interacts with numerous internal and external parties.
• You purchase vehicle components for current and future models/vehicles
• You negotiate with our Suppliers to achieve the best cost reductions for piece price and tooling
• You manage all commercial issues related to your portfolio of responsibility
• You are responsible to make appropriate Supplier sourcing recommendations to Senior management.
• You have comprehensive understanding of technological and market trends within the automotive industry.
• You are working closely with Global Toyota Purchasing division you will develop commodity strategies at regional level and have direct input towards global strategies.