TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCE
• Technical higher education or Bachelor / Master degree in Engineering (mechanical, automotive…)
• With 1 – 4 years experience in similar function (in a service / customer oriented dept.)
• We are also open to young graduates looking for a first professional experience
• Good fact finding and analysis skills in order to draw conclusions from the gathered data and information
• Stress resistance and good personal organization competences in order to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong communication and negotiation aptitude in an assertive but diplomatic way in order to reach consensus and get buy-in
• Willing to travel: 20 – 30% within Europe
• And last but not least, a passion for cars
• General mechanical / automotive knowledge - experience with car accessories or service parts is an asset
• Knowledge and affinity with quality processes and tools is an asset
• Experience with technical problem diagnosis and problem solving is an advantage
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
• English (good spoken and written knowledge)
• Any other European language and/or Japanese is an asset.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team in a very multicultural environment, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction
Through analysis of Field (Customer) Quality concerns reported by the Toyota retailers, warranty data analysis and hands-on investigation on vehicles and of recovered problem
parts, you will prioritise the quality concerns in the greater Europe market.
In your role you will be responsible for the coordination of the technical investigations and countermeasure activities of these market concerns with the involved parties in Europe or in Japan (R&D, Manufacturing quality, Purchasing, Logistics, Suppliers, etc.).
You have final responsibility to inform and release the repair method to the retailers’ network.
You have final responsibility to inform and release the repair method to our European technicians.
In addition to this core activity, you will be involved or in charge of one or more projects aiming to improve our processes and working methods to further contribute to the achievement of the divisional targets.